Happy One-Year Anniversary!
It’s been one year since Jon Barnes designed and launched my new website. I’ve been very happy with it. Apparently you have been too, as visits have quadrupled compared to the former site.
My Top Ten Blog Posts: What You’re Reading
Here are the ten blog posts that you read this past year at RPM Ministries.
1. Let’s Roll!: Not surprisingly, my 9-11 post on Lisa Beamer was my most read blog post of the year.
2. Stephen Hawking: Brilliant, but Foolish: Thousands of you wanted to read a biblical perspective on why one of today’s most brilliant men is also a fool.
3. Brian McLaren, I Accept Your Invitation: I penned a multi-part series sharing my biblical counseling perspective on Brian McLaren’s latest book. If I combined all the parts in this blog series, it would have been the most read of any of my posts.
4. A Biblical Model of Grieving: My 1,000-word summary of God’s Healing for Life’s Losses became a compelling read.
5. 100 Fastest Growing Churches: This likely says a great deal about the power of being linked to by The Gospel Coalition and Tim Challies!
6. Report on the Historic Biblical Counseling Coalition: You were quite interested in my summary of the Biblical Counseling summit. There’s much more to come in 2011. Stand by!
7. My Top Ten Books of 2009: Top ten lists are ever-popular, as were this one and the next one.
8. My Top Ten Trends in Biblical Counseling: You wanted to know what I thought the top ten trends over the past ten years had been related to the biblical counseling movement.
9. How Do You Break the Stranglehold of Strongholds?: We all want biblical wisdom regarding spiritual victory.
10. Every Life Has a Story: This was my favorite post of the year. I’m a little surprised it was not higher on your reading list…perhaps because it was posted somewhat recently.
Top Dozen Site Landing Pages
Here are the pages on my site that you’ve visited the most over the past year.
1. Home Page: Not surprising that you would land here. Based upon the time on this page, most of you were reading my blog from this page.
2. Free Resources: I’m delighted that so many people have benefited from the hundreds of free resources that I offer. Keep it up.
3. Store: Of course, I’m pleased, too, that so many of you are benefiting from my books, e-books, and e-documents. Did you know that in addition to my books, I have nearly a dozen other e-books and documents? It’s also nice to know that over 90% of the people who visited the store, then purchased a resource from RPM Ministries.
4. Writing: God’s Healing for Life’s Losses: Thousands of you wanted to know more about my latest book—I’m sure many of you read the free sample material, the 1,000-word summary, and the top three dozen quotes of note from the book.
5. Schedule (Where’s Bob?): This one surprised me, but apparently a lot of you want to know Where’s Bob? Perhaps you thought it was a game like Where’s Waldo?
6. Book Reviews: With over 500 reviews now, this has been your sixth most popular destination.
7. Consulting: Another surprise, but maybe I shouldn’t have been, since I’m doing a lot of consulting, especially about 4E Ministry—Equipping Counselors for the Local Church.
8-11. Writing: If I combined these (Soul Physicians, Spiritual Friends, Beyond the Suffering, Sacred Friendships), they would be much higher on the list. I’ve had a boatload (big boat—luxury liner) of visits to each of these pages that provide summaries of each of my books, including free sample chapters.
12. Reject Shrinking Thinking: This was part of what started as a mini-series on overcoming anxiety, but became a maxi-series with scores of posts.
Join the Conversation
What was your favorite blog post this past year on RPM Ministries?